Monday, July 28, 2008

Timpanogos cave

We decided to take advantage of the fact that the 24th of July is a holiday in Utah and Jason didn't have to work. We hiked up to Timpanogos cave on Thursday. I will be the first to admitt I thought I was going to die! Its by far the most exercise I've had since Olivia was born. It was well worth it. If anyone wants to come visit and see the cave in real life its a 10 minute drive from our house and a nice 1.5 mile walk up to the cave. Come on you know you want too!!!





They call this stalactite the cave's heart because of the shape. It weighs 4,000 pounds!

View from the top.

As you can see Olivia had a long hard day of being carried in the baby backpack.

Thank you Scott and Kim for the backpack. We can't wait to use it more!

13 comments:

Rosie Moncrief said...

Fun!! I want to go!

The Pyper Fam said...

Ok, I'm coming too! When I come to visit you, we are going! That looks like an awesome hike! Has anyone ever told you that you and Jason look alike (in a good sort of way, not creepy!) :) You guys are one HOT couple! Olivia is so dang cute!

Krista said...

That hike looks like so much fun. Kris and I would love to do something like that...but unfortunately hiking up the stairs takes my breath away right now.:)j/k I can not believe how cute your little girl is and I must say I am jealous she gets to see all the sights while being carried the whole way and take a nap!

Madsen Family said...

Don't you love older siblings who give you all their good baby stuff? My sister claims she's done so she's given me ALL her baby loot. And I LOVE IT! Looks like fun was had by all. I can't wait to come and see you all...

Anna said...

We have always wanted to hike to the cave, next time we come to visit we are totally up for it. It looks so pretty.

Holly said...

COOL! I want to go! Cute pictures!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Now that looks like an exciting hike. Unfortunately all we have experienced is mountain hikes in the trees. We did do Glacier last year, which was beautiful, but that looks awesome. Marcus always falls asleep too.

Liesl Law said...

I can't believe how much Olivia looks like Jason...I think!

I love hiking, much easier with one than 3, I'd have to say. Especially when those 3 are only 3,2 and 1!

Kris, Andrea, Lacey, Mia, and Kannon said...

So cool! What a fun adventure! See you guys do fun stuff! I'm Olivia loved being outside.

Anonymous said...

I did that hike as a kid. It was so fun!! would love to do it with my kids. Cute pic of Olivia sleeping in the backpack. She's living the sweet life:)

Rosie Moncrief said...

WHAT??? you don't want something FRENCH? Interesting...

Shane and Jamie Smith said...

That looks like so much fun, I want to do that hike, well I guess it's a hike sorta, since its on pavement the whole way....Glad you took advantage of the Holiday!!

Kerrie said...

what a fun day!Olivia is get cuter and cuter!