Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th, Triumph over Tragedy

For most people in America today brings back feeling of sadness. For us it brings feelings of happiness and hope for the future. Today is Olivia's 1st birthday and by far one of the best days of mine and Jason's lives. She is our constant reminder that amazing things still happen in this world.



Here are a few things about our little Olivia:

Born 9-11-2007 at 12:33 pm at Holy Cross Hospital in Mission Hills California.
Weight: 7 lbs. 5 oz. Height: 20 1/4 inches. She has her year check up next week so we will let you know how much she has grown in a years time.

Favorite things:
*Monkey man
*Books
*Getting into anything shes not suppose to.
*Sleep- shes always been a good sleeper.
*Buzz lightyear

Favorite foods:
*Meat- it sounds strange but she loves to eat any kind of meat.
*Fruit- mostly bananas but any will due
*Pretty much anything, shes not picky

Words she can say:
* uh oh- if she drops something.
*ouch
*mama
*dad- on occasion, usually when hes not around
*Bo- Nana and Papa's dog
*Grrrrr- shes a growler

Things she can do:
*Wave- mostly to men, but pretty much to anyone who walks by
*Clap
*Dance- she loves to shake it even when theres no music
*Crawl
*Walk- as long as she can hold on to something. Once in awhile she'll get brave and do it alone.
*Talk- if only we could understand what she was saying.
*Gives kisses- the big juicy open mouth kind.

Things she doesn't like:
*Diaper changes
*Church
*Safety locks
*Teething- 4 in one week was not fun for any of us. Now we have 3 on top and 3 on bottom.

As you can see we could go on forever, but what parent couldn't. We are so blessed to have Olivia in our lives and in our family. We can't believe how fast her first year of life has gone by. We love watching her grow and learn new things. Even on our bad days one smile from her makes us realize what really matters in life. I may have been on a lot of drugs the day she was born when I called Rosie and told her my baby was perfect, but its still true and I'm not on drugs now!







P.S. Due to a lot of family being out of town her party will be next week so check back for the party post.

P.P.S I forgot to mention a Happy 1st birthday to Devon Thompson as well. One of Olivia's many boyfriends, but only birthday boyfriend. We miss you Devon!!



19 comments:

Rosie Moncrief said...

HAPPY BITHDAY GUMMIE BEAR!!! LOVE YA!!

Toni said...

That was quite appropriate that Aunt Rosie would post the first comment. Nice work, Zan! Pappy and I also feel so blessed to celebrate this wonderful day when a renewal of joy came into our lives and has continued. Cookie and Jason are amazing parents and have so much fun together. Happy Birthday Olivia!

Melinda said...

Happy Birthday Olivia!!! You are too cute!!!

Nikki said...

happy birthday! She is so cute it hurts.

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

I didn't realise she was so close to her first birthday! What a big girl. I know everyone says it, but it sure is true...Olivia is the cutest. Happy Birthday cute girl!

carolina said...

I think I'm gonna cry! Give her some Aunt Carol kisses cuz I know she loves 'em. I wish I could be there. My boys will be calling after school today to sing to her. I'm not allowed to call until they get home! :) Well, I'm off to yet another Relief Society meeting! Love You Guys!!! :)

Madsen Family said...

Happy B-day, Olivia! I can verify: you ARE too cute and such a sweet, sweet baby girl. Oh, I am so very glad I got to meet her. I can't believe how fast our babies are growing. Sob, sob. I guess we'll just have to have lots more. I love babies!!! What a sweet post, Cookie. It made me get all teary eyed. Give Olivia kisses for me!

Anonymous said...

So sorry I haven't been blogging lately! As you know from my last post I've been swamped this week.

Anyways, Happy Birthday sweet Olivia. It was so nice to meet you!

Cookie she's an angel! I hope you all have a fun celebration!

Sooooo Good to see you all!

HUGS :) Tiff

Holly said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, (pretend I'm singing) Happy Birthday dear Oliviaaaaaaaaa, Happy Birthday to YOU!!!

heidi said...

Darling.

Kris, Andrea, Lacey, Mia, and Kannon said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl! we miss you tonz!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! She is just adorable.

Autumn said...

Happy Birthday Olivia!
It was fun to hear about her cute little personality. We love her so much. Can't wait to hear how the party goes.

Unknown said...

were you way sick when you were pregnant? Is that why you were drugged? Cookie she is SOOOOOO darling. Those big eyes make you want to melt. Hope she has a good b-day. Make sure to take pictures of that mess she makes with her first b-day cake :)

The Pyper Fam said...

Oh how I love that Olivia-girl! I too am glad that we FINALLY got to meet. I hope her day was perfect! Be sure to be on the look out for a little gift from the Tucker man. I hope it gets there in time for her b-day party so she has another gift to tear into! :) Happy Birthday Olivia!

Trisha said...

Holy Cow she's beautiful!

The Gag-nears said...

love this post. She is the hope on September 11th. So cute! all kis are God's way of saying the world should go on! Happy Birthday to her!

Anna said...

Happy Belated Birthday Olivia! I can't believe she is one, time sure does fly. I really liked your post and she is just so cute. We need to come visit you guys soon, we miss you.

Celestial Starr said...

Cookie - She is absolutely beautiful! Really I think she is one of the prettiest babies I've ever seen! Hope you are doing well. I am about to have my own little miracle soon! She is supposed to make an appearance around the end of October. Once I am not working 50 hour weeks anymore I will get to starting a blog and you can see pictures. If you want pictures sooner just email me at Celestial.Brandley@usu.edu and let me know. Love you!