Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Birthday Bash

So last night Jason said he was taking me to this really great place for dinner. We were going to drop Olivia off with his mom. When we got to her house I saw Rosie's car out front and knew something was up. Come to find out he had planned a grilled cheese extravaganza for me. His family and mine were there. He had all kinds of cheeses, meats, and breads. He took everyones orders and made all the sandwiches. Shane helped too. On the table was a big #30 made out of 30 chocolate cupcakes with tons of sprinkles. He also had my 2 favorite sodas, fresca and DP. So I had all my favorites. Grilled cheese, chocolate, sprinkles, and soda. Although I rarely drink soda. I was spoiled with gift cards to all my favorite stores, organizers for all my jewelry making supplies, a box of twinkies, trashy gossip magazines, catch phrase, a Joshua Raidin concert with Rosie, cutest red shoes and gray sweater boots, and not a single picture to prove it!! Yep we forgot the camera!!!! It was pretty much the best birthday a girl could have!! Except the part where Olivia has been sick since monday. We thought she was over it. Then the second we walked in the door last night she threw up twice. Anyway, thanks to everyone who helped turning 30 not feel so bad!!!! I love you Jason.

12 comments:

Rosie Moncrief said...

It was a super fun party!! Love playing catch phrase!! we need to have game night!

carolina said...

That is seriously so sweet of Jason. Enjoy it cuz every birthday after 30 is kinda "whatever". :P Glad your happy birthday outshone the dark doom of Obama winning...

Anonymous said...

Happy 30th Cookie! Jason is so awesome to have planned such a sweet bash.

I remember you liking cheese sandwiches. Oh and the bags of chocolate chips for lunch in Jr. High. You always had a yummy treat to eat at lunchtime.

Twinkies...mmm, I am jealous:)

Hope Olivia feels better!

:) Tiff

Daphne said...

Happy late birthday. Sounded like you had a great b-day. Did you save me any grilled cheese sandwiches?

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday, sounds like a fun time!! Hope your 30th is great!

Britt said...

Hope your B-day was great!!!! It was good to hang out with you. we need to play the Grey's anatomy game

The Pyper Fam said...

Wow, what a great husband you have! That is seriously like the perfect party for you! :) I wish I could have been there. Can you believe we're already turning 30????

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Cookie! Wow 30...Sounds like you had a great day, minus the sick child all week!

Toni said...

Dad talked all night about how delicious his sandwich was. Mine too! Nice work on that and we loved being with the big family, all the laughs, and Catch Phrase. About the chocolate chips in Jr. High. So now I know where they all disappeared to! Love - Mom

Kris, Andrea, Lacey, Mia, and Kannon said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! what a good hubby you have! Have a fabulous year being 30! WOO HOO!

Anna said...

Wow I am so impressed with Jason's birthday planning skills. Sounds like such a fun night with all of your favorites.

Kevin and Lindsey said...

Happy belated birthday! Your description of the party was great, didn't even need pictures to visualize!