Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy 28th Birthday Jason!!!

Yesterday was Jason's birthday. We went to my parents house Saturday night for a birthday dinner with Scott and Kim and their kids. It was great. Last night we went to his parents for dinner with his whole family. It was kind of like my birthday since I had 2 nights in a row that I didn't have to make dinner!! In honor of my wonderful husband I thought I would tell you a bit more about him.

He shares a birthday with...
* Davey Crockett: king of the wild frontier
*Ed McCaffrey: former football player for the Denver Broncos, hence Olivia McCaffrey Harr
*Sean Penn: actor. ex-husband to Madonna

Favorite movies...
*Rocky: 1-6
*Robin Hood: the cartoon

Hobbies...
*Fishing: 10 minute guaruntee
*Hunting
*Sports: he really is good at all of them
*Sleeping: who doesn't love it
*Eating: how he stays so thin is a mystery

Things Olivia and I love about him and things you may not know...
*His beautiful green eyes
*His cute turned up nose: Olivia has the same one
*He has great legs
*He loves the Denver Broncos: I think he would choose them over me
*He talks in his sleep a lot: when really stressed it comes out in spanish
*He loves pillow talk: I do not, I am in bed to sleep
*He loves a hot bath: hello Chandler from friends
*Hates snakes
*Loves John Elway: I'm pretty sure more than me
*Can't watch people get shots or have surgery even on tv: although did great in the delivery room
*Loves to dance in private: rump shaker
*Sings to every song on the radio: usually doesn't know the words, sings anyway
*Hes a great dad
*Loves to be tickled
*Very hard working: although wishes he could find a job where he didn't actually have to work
*Loves nuts in or on his desserts: treats should not have nuts ever in my opinion
*Hates slow/bad drivers
*Wishes he played the saxophone
*Has yet to firgure out we actually do have a laundry hamper and a closet
*Use to love coke has switched to pepsi: claims he isn't drinking soda anymore but had one yesterday
*Really is good at almost everything he tries: it can be annoying
*Has a betting problem: whos knows how many people he owes snickers, sodas, and meals to in cali. sorry guys

We love you Jason and all that you do for us everyday. We love your smile and your good heart. We love your craziness. We are so blessed to have you as a husband, friend, and daddy. Thanks for being you!!

Make a wish!


His new toy from his dad. Only its not a toy.

15 comments:

Brett said...

Jason - I see that you are already taking advantage of the bounties that Utah provides. The gun laws are getting ridiculous around here.

Brett

Eliza said...

That was fun, I don't know him very well and its fun to see why you love him. you make a good pair!

Kerrie said...

happy birthday jason!

Trisha said...

I love all the reconnections in this blogging world! The Lewis girls always tell me about how cute your little one is, and now I can say for myself that she is gorgeous! I hope you don't mind if I check in!

Rosie Moncrief said...

I could post a whole book about the annoying habits of my brothr in law!! But I love hime anyway! haha! Especially when we sing "I could be your hero baby" together. Love it!

Madsen Family said...

Okay, so maybe our husbands are twins b/c Josh ALSO hearts Robinhood, the cartoon, hates snakes and has green eyes (and great legs). HOWEVER, Josh hates pillow talk, I love it and Josh HATES the Broncos. Josh hearts the Kansas City Chiefs. Don't ask me why, but there you have it. So, maybe they aren't twins, but they can still be friends.....Is Jason coming to Spokane??? I hope we can spend ALL day Saturday together b/c that is a good day for me! Can't wait to see you soon! PS What does Jason do for a living--just curious?

The Sants said...

Happy Birthday Jason!

Holly said...

Wow, the rump shaker.....that sounds interesting! Happy Birthday Jason! :)

The Pyper Fam said...

I am so glad that I know Jason now! :) I can't wait to actually get to know him in person, one day! I am SO counting down the days 'til you get here! Can't wait! Oh, and I am embarassed you saw my photography blog! I think my face even turned red when I read your comment. I am still TOTALLY in the works on that, and thats why I haven't said anything about it to anyone. I have more pictures to post, but I'm just nervous about the whole thing, for some reason! I am actually taking the Spear Family pictures while you guys are here, because they are all going to be in town the same weekend, so on Sunday the 30th, we'll get to go to the park with them- I can also take some pictures of Olivia! I'm not actually charging the people I know, because I want to build up a portfolio, ya know! ok, enough of that, blah blah blah! :) Can't wait for you guys to get here! :)

The Roopes said...

What a fun post. The soda one made me laugh because although Byron keeps saying he's not going to drink soda anymore, I've yet to see it happen. "Tomorrow I start" he says, but tomorrow hasn't happened yet I guess! LOL!

Happy Birthday Jason!

~Julie Roope~

Anonymous said...

Soo good to get some info on Jason. I am sure Dave and him would get along great! Dave loves guns, hunting, and a big sleepier. He sleeps like a bear.

As for the J-Lo butt. That comment was from my brother and his wife. I didn't think they were serious, until my sister-in-law asked me how to get hers to look that way.Yikes!! Weird to think they were checking me out.

Next Saturday is going to be so fun!We should get together for Lunch with whoever is around.

:) Tiff

Anna said...

alright you little cat, you are getting so freakin old. Jeezzzzzzzz. Here are some comments about your hobbies.

*Fishing: 10 minute guaruntee (This is a lie, it never worked)

*Sports: he really is SUCKS at all of them when he plays DREW!

EAT IT. Well i hope you had tons of cake for me since you only weight like 145.

Happy Birthday YOU CAT.
DREW

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jason, sorry it is a little late, I just read the blog.

Kris, Andrea, Lacey, Mia, and Kannon said...

HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY JASON! great tribute Cookie! I love that he's a rump shaker! how come he didn't show us those moves this summer? love ya guys!

Crystal said...

Sorry I am late leaving a comment. Cookie, I loved reading about all the reasons you are keeping Jason around :) Olivia is beautiful. I miss you guys! Happy belated birthday Jason!!!!